Photo credit: jppi from morguefile.com
Have you ever, in the course of helping your kids do homework, Google the subject because you're as lost as they are? Me, too!
Close to half of all parents say they struggle to help kids with their homework. 47% say it's because they don't understand the subject matter.
The National Center for Family Literacy has a few tips for helping your kids (and you) struggling with their work
- Check ThinkFinity.org for tips to a variety of subjects
- Encourage kids to be curious
- Talk about what your kids are learning over dinner
- Use apps for your smart phone and tablet to supplement what they're learning in school
- Keep in contact with the teacher. Have them help you help your child.