Deadline.com reports that Grand Theft Auto 5 has now made more than $1-billion in worldwide retail sales. The game has made more money than the number two movie of the year, Despicable Me 2, and is creeping up on the #1 movie of 2013, Iron Man 3, which made $1.2 billion.
Meanwhile, the next step for GTA 5 fans will be taking the action online. GTA Online opens October 1st and is free for everyone that bought the game. Here's what gamers will be able to do online:
- You'll create a custom character
- You'll use the character to earn reputation and money
- Join a crew and rob convenience stores
- Divide the money after the heist
- Deposit money in an atm
- Steal your friends' undeposited money
- Head to the strip club
- Watch a movie and comment on it with your crew
- Fly with your friends in an airplane
- Play a round of golf or tennis...
Head here to get the complete list
I wonder when the first divorce will be filed with all the blame going to his obsession to GTA Online
GTA 5 wouldn't be here if it weren't for some of the great games of the 90's...the games that inspired the artists that program the games of today.
ArcadeSushi.com has a list of the Most Influential Games from the 90's....
10 Diablo - 1996
9 Grand Theft Auto - 1997
8 Resident Evil - 1996
7 Half-Life - 1998
6 Myst - 1993
5 Civilization - 1991
4 Doom - 1993
3 Super Mario 64 - 1996
2 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - 1998
1 Street Fighter II - 1991
What are they missing?